Whispers on the rooftop

#Enjoy my writings



On the edge
of the rooftop,
inches away from death,
they stood there,
the two of them,
catching their breath.
She held his hands,
she wouldn't let go,
but he whispered in the dark,
'I'm too broken
 to be fixed,
I need to fall apart.'
'Heal together, with me!',
she screamed
with all her heart
'I'm sorry, it's too late.'
he said,
as he let go of her arms.
She saw it,
 in his eyes,
his soul, it was withering
he was wronged,
he was blamed,
he was seen to be suffering.
'It'll end soon.' she said,
her tears stained the floor.
She knew from here on
she was to be alone.
Helpless, she watched
she watched him slip and go.
He put on a smile,
he said, 'It won't hurt anymore.'
She heard a thud.
She looked away.
She tried to ignore.
But she was left
on the rooftop,
with no one to hold.

It was a pretty night,
but the fireflies
no longer shone as bright.
She was standing
on the rooftop
without him by her side.
Her whispers,
slowly, they merged with the wind
'Would he have stayed, if he knew,
that I loved him?'

Some whispers on the rooftop,
stay buried, deep within.


ssb

Comments

More Posts