Her promise

#Enjoy my writings





















Tight ropes of pain, 
held her back. 
gave her scars, 
She never should've had. 
gripped her tight,
Until her skin turned red.  
Her memories, past and present, 
Swung past her head. 
She was being crushed,
A feeling too familiar.
The hurt, the frustration 
'why did he leave me here' 
It reminded her- 
Of the blood stains 
When she held him 
In her arms. 
He felt her tears 
Caress him 
He felt that 
It was warm. 
In his last breath, he whispered, 
'I know I will be gone, 
but promise that without me, 
You will still go on.' 
Years had passed 
But everyday
she saw him 
Wither in her arms. 
And one day, 
Her wounds healed,
And she did move on. 
'You know I can't' 
Were her last words, 
When her blood,
crystallized. 
She cut herself 
Knowing that 
she needed to die,
to quiet down the voice 
that messed up her mind. 

She tried. 
Only to come back alive, 
And relive her life. 

Her promise was carved deeper, than her rusty old knife. 

ssb

Comments

More Posts