Our Dream Comes True !

#Enjoy my writings















'Ting, Ting, Ting', the announcement began as I rushed through the busiest of days at the crowded airport. As quick as a flash of lightning, I bolted across the floor, to catch my flight to India. "Excuse me, Excuse me, coming through!" I exclaimed, finally making my way to the flight. I trembled over my seat, exhausted, yet with a feeling of glee that hurriedly rose through my heart. After four long years of worriedly waiting, desperately dreaming, yearning, and most of all endlessly missing, I finally made my mind up to go and meet my best friend. 

Slowly, the sun peeked over the brightening clouds. I enjoyed the view through the tiny window on my flight. The waiting and suspense killed me, for she was my friend since childhood. Sarah, it was her who made my life so much better each day ever since middle school! We laughed, cried, and went through a lot of difficulties in each other's lives, but we never gave up on each other. Perhaps, it was that strong unbreakable bond that drew me back to India, back to our amazing fun living here. I recollected my memories with her as I got closer and closer to her by the hour. 

The flight landed over the coughing ground. Quickly grabbing my belongings I rang her up. the line was busy. Again, I tried, but this time a little worried. 

Some strange voice picked up the call, "Hello, who is this?", they asked in a concerned way. 

"I'm her friend, where is Sarah?", I responded quickly. 

A Moment of silence. 
The woman on the phone said, "YOUR FRIEND HAD AN ACCIDENT! Please come soon to ABC hospital now! " 

Then my heart struck as if someone had hit it. I ran to the hospital as quickly as possible. My heart cried louder every second. Tears swept through my red cheeks. Sarah was more than just a friend to me, she was family. She was the only family I had after I was abandoned in my childhood! 

I hurriedly asked the receptionist, "Where is Sarah admitted? She just had an accident!" 
"Room 104 ma'am!", she replied. 

My legs rushed through the exhausted hospital floors. 'Bang' hit the doors, as I ran restlessly into the hospital room. I immediately broke down at the sight of her lying all weak, fragile, and masked on the soulless bed. Needles were all over her wrist. All I could feel was her pain. 

I cried, "Sarah! Sarah, wake up! It's me, your friend-". 

Silence was the only answer. That moment, I realized, I should've come earlier. Tears rolled down my face.

I yelled, "It's my fault! it's all my fault! Sarah, you- you can't be"   

Suddenly, I heard a voice. I had heard it before. It was Sarah! 
Her sweet voice came dancing through the air to my ears. It was the only voice I wanted to hear now. Like sun on a rainy day. 

She called me, "Riya, you- you finally came" 
Slowly, I nodded my head with a warm smile on my face. I was lost. I had no words to describe how relieved I was! 

She said, "Finally, my dream came true. Thank you for coming, you idiot!" 

I chuckled softly, as my tears dried up over my happiness. Indeed, our dreams had come true. 

By
S.Sahana 
#Our dreams will come true even after the struggles we all face! #Keep hope 

Comments

Post a Comment

Hi guys!
Thank you so much for viewing my writing blog...

More Posts