'Beep, beep, Beep'- The Telecom

#Enjoy my writings
















'Beep, Beep, Beep.' the trembling telecom recorded. We heard a voice. A deep yet hopeful voice. We screamed and yelled right into it, until, all the screens went blank and we were back to the beginning. A screeching loud sound blocked our ears as we fell into the darkening void. All. Over. Again. Our minds lost, driven by craziness, for we could not understand what mystery we got ourselves into. 

No science, no physics, and no logic in the living world can explain this mysterious void we had fallen into. It all began when we heard an old, dusty telecom going "Beep, Beep, beep' in the attic. Tessa, liv, and I, we were trudging slowly to the deep hollow box that it laid in. So we walked. Slowly, through the cracking hallways, past the endless doors, ever the swirling staircases, into the silenced attic. 

Tessa whispered, 'I- I don't think we should go there.' 

I nodded in agreement. Liv shushed us slowly and thought we should all see what drew us towards the sound. It was Liv being Liv. Again.  Our hands trembled as we reached for the device that never stopped screaming 'Beep, Beep, Beep'. Liv went ahead of us both and carefully pulled out the telecom that cried for help. We looked at it amusedly without taking our eyes off it. Tessa grabbed the telecom from Liv, and there the fight began. The telecom passed both their hands until it came to mine. As soon as I had it with me, the screaming of the telecom became louder. 

Liv, my elder sister, screamed in anger, 'What did you do Ray?' 
My voice shivered as I said, 'I- I must've pressed some button-' 

Liv interrupted me, half-sentence as she tried to snatch it from me. Her clumsy hands dropped the telecom on the dirt-coughing floor and then began the screeching. 

We screamed and yelled right into it, until, all the screens went blank and we were back to the beginning. A screeching loud sound blocked our ears as we fell into the darkening void. All. Over. Again. 

Terrified, I opened my closed eyes, and to my shock, I woke up in my own bed. Relief filled my body. 

I screamed with my soul and heart, 'Tessa! Liv! Where are you?' 

Silence was the only answer. A tingling feeling rushed through my ears as I heard 'Beep, Beep, Beep'. My exhausted eyes turned towards the twirling stairs, to see the telecom begin its torture. All. Over. Again. Except for this time, I was alone. 

By 
S.Sahana 



Comments

More Posts